Yes, you read that right...
I've made a miraculous discovery - Quinoa pasta my friends. This pasta is made of white rice flour and Quinoa flour. It's gluten free, dairy free and trans fat free! it even tastes like real pasta! Again- you read that right.
Throw it together with veggies and chicken and you've got one flavourful dish. Now, I'm not saying it's THE most low cal thing out there, but it's great when you're craving pasta and you don't want to feel sucky about it. I'm switching to this brand forever.
1 package of GoGo Quinoa Fusili
2 chicken breasts, diced
Handful of cherry tomatoes cut in half
2 handfuls of spinach, chopped
1 small handful of fresh basil, chopped
2 handfuls of sliced white mushrooms
6 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 handful of packaged diced pancetta
Extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon dried basil
Red pepper flakes
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees celcius.
2. In a small skillet on low heat, fry diced pancetta to desired crispiness.
3. In a medium skillet, over low heat add a slug of olive oil and 2 chopped garlic cloves to fry mushrooms until golden brown.
4. Make pasta as directed on the package.
5. In a medium bowl, season cherry tomatoes with salt and pepper, a slug of olive oil, 2 chopped garlic cloves, dried basil and mix well. Spread on a cookie sheet and place in oven for 10 minutes.
6. In a large skillet over medium heat, add a slug of olive oil, 2 chopped garlic cloves. Once heated add in diced chicken seasoned with salt and pepper and toss until cooked through and slightly browned.
7. On low heat, mix mushrooms with pancetta and spinach and fresh basil for 1 minute.
8. Still over low heat, combine mushrooms, pancetta and spinach in pan with chicken. Once pasta and tomatoes are cooked to your desire, toss in skillet along with the rest of the ingredients until well combined.
9. Season with salt and pepper, red pepper flakes and serve with parmesan if desired.
Indulge in your craving. It ain't THAT bad.